Saturday 25 July 2015

Paint Table Saturday - Bows and trees

Last week I found the time to go back to the Perry plastics for the Wars of the Roses era. In addition I returned to my ever too small collection of terrain stuff and worked on some trees. Actually pretty simple trees but at least rather cheap ones and the battlefield they'll do the job I presume. Until now I've glued them onto 40mm bases with hot glue and smoothened the bases with filler. So it's time to paint the bases and the trunks now:


The bowmen got there liverees. Although most of the WotR figures will be used for the Burgundian siege of Neuss there isn't too much need for bowmen. So I decided to give them Yorkish red and blue. Because of my limited skill I decided not to paint badges. At least there now appropriate for any of the York brothers and they could serve for Eduard IV as well as for Clarence or their brother Richard. They're mostly finished except of the bases:


I hope you like my humble progress. 

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely bowmen and some good looking trees Stefan, great job Sir. I will at some point reply to you message, but alls well here. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the feedback and the good news from Awdry towers. Take time there's no need to hurry.

      Cheers
      Stefan

      Delete
  2. Nice work! Can you tell me where the trees are from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Thomas.
      As for the manufacturer I'll try to figure it out in my eBay history. I bought a bunch of them at least two years ago from a Chinese company for about 1.50 € per tree.

      Delete
    2. To find cheap trees on ebay make you research with this keyword :" architectural scenery" or "architectural tree" - worldwide : for example: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/3x-Apple-Tree-Model-Train-Railway-Layout-Wargame-Diorama-Architecture-Scenery-/261979741061?hash=item3cff359b85

      Delete
  3. Good work ! simple but "clean" and efficient !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. That's my idea with the trees as well. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Many thanks. Not diorama quality but on the gaming board they'll work well I think.

      Cheers
      Stefan

      Delete